There are times I pretend I am not the lazy person I am and put on my fancy pants for some high tea. What goes better with tea than scones? Nothing. After a lot of trial and error, I tried to bring my three favorite things in the world together to create a fabulous concoction. My 3 favorite things? Cheese. Garlic. and Scones.
|| This recipe serves 6 ||
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- stick (8 tablespoons) butter or margarine
That seems like a lot of Butter, doesn’t it? But remember what Amy Adams says in Julie and Julia?
“let me say this.Is there anything better than butter? Think it over. Every time you taste something that’s delicious beyond imagining,and you say, “What is in this?” The answer is always going to be “butter.”It’s incredible”.
- Make a dough of all the ingredients until 9. basically other than the butter.
- Make tiny balls out of this dough
- In another pan, melt the butter, add some garlic and parsley until the garlic is fragrant
- Take of flame.
- Dip the dough balls in the butter. Basically making a coating.
- Place these on the oven tray, you don’t need to grease or line the tray
- Set the oven on 220C (top and bottom) for 10-15 minutes. keep checking.