If I am awake past midnight, ever, all I want to eat is a grilled cheese. Studying in art school, needless to say, Ive seen a lot of sunrises. Needless to say, Ive eaten a lot of Grilled Cheese’s. Needless to say, I have gained a lot of weight. but you know, you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.
|| This recipe serves 1 ||
- 2 Slices of bread. ( I prefer Sour Dough bread)
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 Chilli/Jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 1 slice American cheese
- 2 tsp freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp cream cheese
- 2 tsp Mayonnaise (My secret ingredient)
- Thinly spread one side of each bread slice with butter.
- Spread the other side of each slice with mayonnaise and place the bread, mayonnaise-side-down, in the pan. The Mayo is my secret, it makes sure the bread is nice and crusty, with the perfect crunch,
- Divide the cheese’s evenly on top of the buttered slices.
- Sprinkle the chilli/jalapeno
- Adjust the heat so the bread sizzles gently.
- When the cheese is about halfway melted, use a spatula to flip one slice over on top of the other, and press lightly to melt.
- Keep turning the sandwich, pressing gently, until the sandwich is compact, both sides are crusty, and the cheese is melted.