Strawberries and Cream. I think Strawberries and Cream is one of the most underrated deserts. There is such great perfection in the textures that play together to make this dessert so delicate. The airy cream, the tanginess of the strawberries and the crumble meet together to create an affair to remember.
We obviously had to add the Tadka to this classic dessert. With a dash of Saffron.
|| This recipe serves 5 ||
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 2 cups strawberry sliced/diced
- 4 Digestive cookies, roughly crushed
- In a heatproof bowl, combine saffron with heavy whipping cream. Heat in microwave for about 1 minute, cover and allow to stew for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, cream will turn a light yellow color. Place in a fridge until cool.
- Slice strawberries and stir with sugar. Let it set for about 20 minutes.
- Whip saffron-infused cream until soft peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Place a spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of each bowl/glass.
- Top with the same amount of strawberries.
- Layer one more blob of whipped cream to top and place a few more strawberries.
- Scatter crushed cookies on top to provide that perfect crunch.